- We want to assess the sustainability of banks internationally
- improve and ensure the highest sustainability standards are met
- and have co-created a scorecard with Global Alliance on Banking Values (GABV) members to do that.
A framework for change
We want to put our impact in a global context, enable stakeholders to understand and assess the sustainability of different banks, and learn ourselves from other sustainable banks.
We speak at key international events, partner with others to promote concrete changes to the European financial system, by publishing white papers for example, and act globally via networks such as the GABV.
We have developed an impact scorecard with leading values-based banks in the GABV to further this agenda. The scorecard provides a relatively simple framework for stakeholders to understand how far a bank, of any kind, is delivering on its sustainability promises.
It is used in Triodos Bank's business to compare the sustainability performance of different banks, support monitoring and investment decisions in some of our funds and benchmark Triodos Bank’s performance against other banks.
The scorecard is designed to measure:
- Basic requirements of a sustainable bank such as its mission and approach to transparency
- Quantitative factors, such as the proportion of a bank’s assets that are committed to the real economy
- And qualitative elements that provide a picture of how a bank translates its sustainability agenda into its actual work.
Visit the scorecard, click here or on the picture below.