Over the last several decades a number of banks and their affiliates have emerged throughout the world to deliver innovative products to holistically meet the needs of their communities. In the more recent past the financial sector has found itself in a crisis of multiple dimensions including lack of confidence, inadequate profitability and over-complexity leading to a negative impact on the overall economic climate. The Global Alliance for Banking on Values has been established to use the knowledge from these innovative banks and affiliates to provide alternatives for addressing the current crisis in our financial world impacting the overall sustainability of our society.
Who are our members?
Innovative banking institutions whose primary focus is on:
- Delivering social finance products and basic financial services while
- Financing community based development initiatives and social entrepreneurs thereby
- Fostering sustainable and environmentally sound enterprises and fulfilling human development potential including poverty alleviation while
- Generating a triple bottom line for People, Planet and Profit
What are our shared values?
Although each of us is unique, we share the values of:
- Using money as a tool for enhancing the quality of life through human, social, cultural and environmental development,
- Responsibility for the long term impact of our efforts on our interdependent environment and communities, and
- Transparency, trust, clarity, and inclusiveness in delivering our products and services.
What is our joint mission?
As a global alliance we will work together to:
- Deliver joint ventures to drive sustainable social and environmental change,
- Provide thought leadership and advocacy for social innovation in the financial sector, and
- Combine and share strengths, capabilities and resources to improve each of our competitive positions.
Triodos Bank is one of the founding members of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values.