Do you want to make a difference and contribute to creating a better world? Are you interested in developing your skills and knowledge, while putting your ideals to work? Join us, we are a frontrunner in ethical banking and global impact investing, and we need people like you to make change happen.
We believe that money can change the world for the better. In fact, our organisation was founded on this belief. Our mission is to create a society that protects and promotes the quality of life of all its members with human dignity at its core.
Triodos Bank is a bank with a mission. We do not only finance change, we want to change finance. Trying to change the system from within is what motivates our advocacy team every day. And we are looking for an intern eager to support us in our advocacy activities!
Our organisation has grown in both scale and complexity over the last few years, creating more opportunities for young people to join us. We would like now to bring on board a dynamic and positive-minded student to support and learn from our advocacy team during a 6-month internship.
How you will make a difference
Our advocacy team is unique in the financial sector. We are a team of passionate people who represent vulnerable interests, rather than the commercial interests of a bank. Our advocacy team is involved in numerous advocacy activities, ranging from, for example, influencing EU sustainable finance regulations by contributing to consultations, to rolling out a serious campaign to mobilise global leaders at the COP28 to create a Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty.
You will help us to change finance, by supporting us in our advocacy activities and cooperating closely with our colleagues from the Impact & Economics team, as well as a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
As a part of your daily routine you will:
- help organise and prepare internal advocacy meetings, for example by co-managing the agenda and keeping minutes
- get the chance to become acquainted with EU sustainable finance regulations and delve deep into Triodos’ transition themes, enabling yourself to support us in our advocacy activities
- prepare positions and briefings for senior leadership, for example by collecting and organising information on relevant topics
- help improve internal processes for monitoring our advocacy activities and set up stakeholder analyses
What you will bring
Your passion and your values matter most for us. We look for people who are self-aware and who think in a holistic way, always conscious about their impact on society, environment, and the economy, which we can help unleash their unique potential.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- be in your final year of your bachelor or master studies in the field of politics, public administration, finance, sustainability, corporate affairs, international relations or European studies
- be interested in political and societal developments and have affinity with the financial sector
- be interested in the role of the financial sector in today’s biggest problems, such as climate change
- be able to work independently, proactive and well-organised with a hands-on and facilitating attitude
- have good command of English and Dutch both written and verbal (knowledge of French, German or Spanish is desirable, but not essential)
Your future colleagues
You will work in the Impact & Advocacy team which consists of two impact managers and one advocacy manager. You will report to the Team Lead of Impact & Advocacy. The Impact & Advocacy team is part of the Impact & Economics team, which consists of 13 people in total. You will also work closely with Communication co-workers across the countries where Triodos Bank operates and with our external EU advisor.
What we offer you
An inspiring work culture
The most important thing about working with us is that you are part of community that is changing the world for the better. We are constantly improving our work culture to create conditions where every person can thrive, so you are able to:
- find a sense of meaning in your work
- create positive energy and impact with your co-workers
- build mutual trust and respect in working relationships
- enjoy fulfilment at a professional and personal level
Our award-winning sustainable head office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just a 3 minutes’ walk from the train station. Combined with working from home, it is an inspiring place to work and connect with your colleagues.
And of course, great internship conditions:
- a dynamic learning environment
- a challenging internship with many possibilities for professional development
- a permanent mentor to help and coach you
- a mobility card (including free private travels)
- a flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- an Internship fee up to EUR 500,- (based on 40 hours)
- fun outings organised by Young Triodos
If you feel that you want to make a difference, don’t hesitate to join the Triodos community by applying for this role.
Everyone is welcome to join us. Our culture is built on values that aim to benefit both society and individuals. We are committed to equity and diversity, and we value everyone’s perspective. We strive to create an environment in which all co-workers and our broader community can feel safe and included.
The closing date for applications is: 14.01.2024
If the role interests you but you still have some questions, please connect with us. If there are any additional adjustments you may need during the application process, please email: [email protected]
We also don’t want to miss out on candidates who feel they don’t exactly match the job description, so if this is a role that sounds interesting to you, and you feel you could add value, please apply!
Who we are
Triodos Bank is a leading expert in sustainable banking, founded in 1980 in the Netherlands, with branches in Belgium, Germany, United Kingdom, and Spain.
Triodos Investment Management is a globally recognised leader in impact investing, that currently manages 20 funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets.
Triodos Regenerative Money Centre is our business unit launched in 2019 with the explicit goal of restoring and regenerating nature and society.
We are a certified B Corp since 2015. B Corp is a growing global community of successful and sustainable companies that create positive social impact and change.
We are also one of the founders of The Global Alliance for Banking on Values, a global network of independent banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social, and environmental development.
28 December 2023