As a Java Developer at Triodos Bank, you are responsible for developing banking software for both employees and customers in the Netherlands, Belgium and the United Kingdom. Together with colleagues in your scrum team, you operate for specific parts of the banking business of Triodos, like payments, business lending, investments, KYC or onboarding. In one of these domains, you facilitate business change and by doing so, you contribute to Triodos Bank's sustainable mission and purpose-driven way of working. The banking software and services you develop, are for individuals and organizations who want to change the world for the better. A great way to contribute to positive societal change and the creation of a sustainable living environment for us all. In collaboration with your team, you implement complete functional changes. You do so by designing, writing, developing and testing code in a large codebase. You work with various tools and frameworks like Jakarta EE, JBoss, CDI, JSF, PrimeFaces,
DB2, OpenAPI, Angular and NgRx. In order to facilitate business change, you work closely together with the business to understand which business change is wanted and which system change is required to achieve that. You and your team implement these changes by focusing on quality with a solid Continuous Integration Street, cross-team code reviews and knowledge sessions. Your team
You will be working in one of the 22 scrum teams, divided over a number of functional domains. Your team consists of three or four Developers, a Tester and an Information Analyst / Product Owner. You work closely together with them and you also collaborate with the other teams in your domain, in an international, diverse and inclusive work environment.
In addition, you are part of the developers guild, together with all the Developers of Triodos Bank. You exchange knowledge and present new insights to each other. If you are interested in a specific subject or business area, there is always room to further develop yourself. We have our own training Academy and we also go to interesting events like Devoxx.
What you bring
- A bachelor or master in ICT or equivalent
- Solid work experience as an Enterprise Software Developer
- Experience with large and complex codebases
- A collaborative and pragmatic mindset
- a strong connection with our sustainable mission
What we offer you
- €3.500 - €6.100 gross per month (40 hrs)
- 32 - 40 hrs, hybrid working
- 30 holiday days (at 40 hrs), plus the option to buy 2 weeks extra
- An attractive pension policy
- a sustainable, mission-driven work environment
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our award-winning sustainable head office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just a 3 minutes’ walk from the train station. Combined with working from home, truly a great place to work and connect with colleagues!
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. Next to the benefits mentioned above, this includes:
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- a contribution of €750 every 5 years for a healthy home office set-up.
- if you commute from home to office by public transport, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- all the necessary tooling you need to be successful in your job.
- the possibility to go to interesting IT / developer events.
- extra leave arrangement to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities, we have our own Academy.
- a company bicycle scheme reimbursement to a max of €1,500.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Do you want to know more?
Do you have substantive questions about the position? Then feel free to ask Team Lead Jasper de Jong via [email protected]. If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Coen de Winter at [email protected].
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
14 December 2023