In this update, we changed the following:
- Asbestos mining and deep-sea mining added as controversial activities
- Nuclear weapons added as controversial weapons
- Mining industry excluded from finance, with the exception of companies focused on minerals and metals recycling
- Guidelines on (excessive) remuneration
- More detailed description of how we apply our minimum standards.
Since its inception in 1980, Triodos Bank has been in business to finance change and make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. To make sure our influence in these areas is positive, we invest in companies with positive impact.
The minimum standards provide clear boundaries on what Triodos Bank can finance and explain the products, processes and activities that Triodos Bank does not want to be involved in. We do not finance, for example, the fossil and nuclear power sectors; we also exclude weapons, tobacco, factory farming, deforestation and other harmful sectors and activities.