To strengthen our capacity in transparent reporting Triodos Bank is looking for a
Financial Reporting Specialist (IFRS based) (32 - 40 hours)
Controlling our financial and impact reporting
Triodos Bank aims to be a frontrunner in transparent reporting. Your goal is to ensure Triodos Bank’s Financial Reporting is correct, complete and on time. You do this by understanding and applying IFRS reporting requirements, maintaining and improving our core processes for Financial Reporting, including its systems, and strengthening our Internal Control Framework.
Triodos Bank as well as the world in which we operate changes continuously. Our Financial Reports and processes need to be able to adapt rapidly. Because of our organisational changes, the changes in regulations as well as our own pledges the complexity of our work increases. This creates the need to continuously improve our level of control and efficiency of our Financial Reports. Your efforts will support Triodos’ commitments towards transparent reporting, a more sustainable economy, and a more just society.
- Prepare annual financial statements and half year reports.
- Prepare monthly consolidation for internal and external reports and analyse the financial results.
- Co-coordinate the process of the Financial Statements, half year report and related publications, such as press releases and prospectuses.
- Analyse (new) transactions, products, laws and regulations, banking guidelines, and implement these.
- Maintain and improve our core processes for Financial Reporting, including its systems.
You are part of the Group Financial & Impact Reporting team which consists of six dedicated professionals who are responsible for Financial Reporting and Impact Reporting. You will also closely collaborate with co-workers from Accounting, Internal Control, Accounting Policies, Regulatory Reporting, Communication, and Change.
We have an open, non-hierarchical, and transparent corporate culture. At Triodos Head Office, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. More information? See https://www.triodos.com
This is you
You are an expert in financial reporting and related processes and controls. You work and think at university level (MSc) and have strong analytical and abstract thinking skills. You are an innovative, solution-oriented, and analytical thinker with a hands-on mentality. You feel attracted to work in an international, ambitious, and pioneering environment.
You have a positive and open attitude, and you feel responsible for achieving goals, and you get energy from changes and improvements. You work accurately and in a structured way, but at the same time you are able to think out-of-the-box for new ways to improve activities and processes.
This is complemented by:
- A master’s degree (preferably) complemented by the post-graduate certificate Register Accountant (or international equivalent) and have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in Reporting, Control, Audit, or similar roles.
- You have a good understanding of Financial Reporting in general and specifically IFRS 9 Financial Instruments.
- You have affinity with working with reporting systems and a broad general IT knowledge. Experience with Tagetik is a plus.
- You have experience with Process Improvements and Internal Control Frameworks.
- A demonstrable personal connection with sustainability, and alignment with the values and mission of Triodos Bank and the role finance plays in the transition towards a more sustainable economy and a more just society.
- You have excellent communication skills, including a proficient level in English in both speaking and writing.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?For more information about this position, please contact Alexander Wingelaar (Group Director Finance) via email email@example.com or phone +31306942376. Want to join our team? Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
14 July 2022