As Deputy Corporate Secretary, you contribute to well-prepared and balanced decision-making with a high degree of complexity, time pressure and confidentiality. In close collaboration with your other team members, you prepare Board meeting documents, corporate governance documents and create written records of Board meetings. You are eager to learn and develop yourself as a professional, interested in corporate governance, reliable and service oriented.
To properly prepare Board meetings and thus support the decision-making process, we are looking for a:
Deputy Corporate Secretary (32 hours)
who enables Board-level decision-making with specific support of the Board of Stichting Administratiekantoor Aandelen Triodos (SAAT)
Governance Structure Triodos
To safeguard our principles, values and objectives, Triodos Bank has been structured and is managed in such a way as to ensure we can achieve our mission.
· The Executive Board is responsible for the daily management and strategic development of Triodos Bank N.V. (hereafter Triodos Bank).
· The Supervisory Board supervises the activities and the decisions of the Executive Board and the general affairs of the company and its affiliated enterprise.
· SAAT holds all Triodos Bank’s shares in trust, as Triodos Bank believes it is crucial that its mission and identity are protected. SAAT exercises the voting rights for the Triodos Bank shares, guided by the bank’s ethical goals and mission, its business interests, and the interests of the Depository Receipt holders.
· As the Deputy Corporate Secretary, and in close cooperation with the Corporate Secretaries and the Board Coordinators, you support the content preparation of the SAAT Board meetings
· You prepare and file the Board minutes;
· On a regular basis, you write the minutes of the SAAT Board meetings, including follow-up of action points;
· You coordinate the communication between the Executive Board, the Supervisory Board and the SAAT Board;
· You support the SAAT Board with the organisation of meetings with the depositary receipt holders;
· You manage the dedicated SAAT mailbox and support the SAAT Board with the communication with the depositary receipt holders;
· You support the onboarding of new SAAT Board members;
· Within the Corporate Office, you serve as a back-up for the two Deputy Corporate Secretaries, who support the Executive Board and the Supervisory Board
The Deputy Corporate Secretary has a hierarchical relationship with the General Counsel and is a member of the Corporate Office team that also consists of the Corporate Secretary, two Deputy Corporate Secretaries and two Board Coordinators. You will be given considerable responsibility and autonomy while being fully engaged with the team.
This is you
· You are a Young legal inhouse counsel, lawyer or candidate civil law notary with a 3-5 year work-experience preferably in a commercial and international organisation at corporate level or in a renowned law firm;
· Good knowledge of corporate law and corporate governance;
· Working experience within the financial sector is a pre
· Trustworthy and able to work with information that is highly confidential. Because of the nature of the position, integrity and understanding governance relations are essential;
· Pro-active approach, self-motivated, flexible and independent;
· Well organised and able to set the right priorities;
· Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English;
· You communicate easily and have developed organizational sensitivity;
· A team player with a positive attitude and able to manage expectations.
Ambitious young legal counsels who are ready to take a next step in their career and who are excellent self-starters are especially welcome to apply.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Gertrude Frehe-Ooms, Corporate Secretary (Getrude.Ooms@triodos.com).
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before 8 July 2022 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
23 June 2022