Supporting changeThe financial industry is changing rapidly. Shifting customer expectations, new digital possibilities and increasing regulatory demands require a lot of our IT organization. Our ultimate goals are to stay true to our mission, drive positive change and bring a human touch in digital banking. To enable this, IT Service Management supports the delivery of IT services by implementing, maintaining, and improving IT processes, like Incident, Change, Problem and Configuration management, on paper, in the operation and in our systems. IT Service Management also ensures that clear agreements about service levels are made and documented internally.
To support IT Service Management in its purpose, we are looking for an
intern IT Service Management - become part of the change!
for a period of 5-6 months, starting in August or September 2022.
Who we areOur team within the ICT Services department at Head Office covers two disciplines, all supporting primary IT-related processes within Head Office and across the different Triodos locations in Europe (BE, DE, ES, NL, UK). The disciplines are IT Change Portfolio Management (2 fte) and IT Service Management (2.5 fte). The team reports to the Group IT Director via a Team Manager, who is part of the IT Management Team (MT).
As a team, we have a strong learning mindset aiming to continuously improve ourselves and our way of working. We are hands-on and result-oriented, have a positive can-do attitude and we appreciate humor, openness, reflection, pro-activity and teamwork. Our work is characterized as fast-paced, which requires flexibility, ability to tackle multiple tasks simultaneously and an organized way of working.
The assignmentActivity specifics will be determined during the internship, based on what is needed from organization perspective with consideration of the intern’s interests and competences. The focus of this internship will be:
- Update of the IT Service Management intranet page (design and content).
- Assist in improving and developing our IT processes.
- Support the IT teams in the day-to-day operation and execution of the IT processes.
- Assist with IT Service Management activities and communication (e.g., organization of meetings including logistics, agenda preparation and meeting debriefs).
- Assist in creating periodic reports that provide insight into the quality of IT service delivery.
- Assist other team members according to need and interest in the IT Service Management and IT Change Portfolio Management areas.
- Facilitate the recruitment process of a new intern for the first half of 2023.
Primarily, this internship will provide the intern with:
- an understanding of and view on value-based (IT) working environment.
- practical experience with and understanding of IT Service management.
- experience with working in a multi-stakeholder business and IT environment.
- practice and (further) development of a broad range of skills, e.g., prepare and chair (team) meetings including agenda setting and debriefs, execution and monitoring of actions, Lean & Agile principles, and tools, etc.
… and the intern provides the team and Triodos with:
- a much appreciated fresh and diverse perspective on our way of working.
- an option to (further) develops and practise coaching and mentoring skills.
- an additional (human) resource within the intern’s capabilities.
You will directly work with and report to the senior Service Manager. You will be working in a hybrid environment, consisting of remote working and working from the office. Depending on developments of Covid-19 measures, working at the Triodos Head Office in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands would be a on average 1-3 days per week.
You are / have …
- a personal connection to the mission and values of Triodos Bank.
- a curious, enthusiastic, open, pro-active and optimistic person with a ‘can-do’, hands-on and learning attitude.
- able to successfully balance working as part of a team but also individually.
- able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while remaining in-control.
- studying in 3rd year at bachelor’s level in IT management or Business administration, preferably with a focus on IT support and IT change.
- affinity with (IT & Business) processes.
- minimum proficient knowledge of spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
What you can expect from us:
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor for your supervision.
- Internship fee up to € 500.- (based on 32 hours).
- Lunches for interns with lectures by co-workers.
- A research group for research/graduate interns.
- Fun outings, organised by Young Triodos.
You will meet regularly (bi-weekly) with your supervisor in our office on Landgoed De Reehorst . We fully support "hybrid working", so you will work at our office as well as from home, by use of a Triodos laptop.
Testimonials former interns“As an intern you will be part of the company, you will participate in meetings, company events, and conferences.” – Camille
“Not only are you warmly welcomed by the team, but also encouraged to be critical and develop yourself personally. As an intern, you are equally valuable as any other member of the team.” – Kaman
‘’Working in this team feels like being part of a big family. There is no shame in making mistakes. You can learn from them and improve for the next time.’’ – Falko
“I really liked the open, honest and supportive collaboration with my colleagues. This enabled and motivated me to get the best out of myself while working in a dynamic and international environment” - Muhammed
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Marc Wijering via telephone +31 683867453 or email email@example.com.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application, in English, via the apply button before June 19 to the attention of Marc Wijering. A selection of applicants will be invited for a first interview taking place between June 20 and 24. We would like to get in touch with you!
03 June 2022