Due to the ongoing professionalization of our organisation the teams involved in KYC & Financial Crime are growing, and therefore we are looking for a
KYC & Financial Crime CWS/TSS specialist (32 - 40 hours per week)
Looking for a challenging job to help prevent financial crime?This is your chance.
Together with the rest of the team, you will help strengthen our organisation with your expertise in the KYC & Financial Crime work field, specifically regarding the subject of Customer Watchlist Screening (“CWS”) and Transaction Sanction Screening (“TSS”). Your role is to set direction from a group perspective, provide guidance and support to the local business units, while ensuring effective monitoring of our CWS and TSS processes.
- You are responsible for the design and testing of our IT solutions for CWS and TSS;
- You identify and initiate the required implementation of sanctions controls and optimize current processes based on various input sources, including: insights from our systematic integrity risk analysis, outcomes of back testing & tuning, data analytics & AI, and requirements from laws & regulations
- You prepare and lead the Sanctions Forum.
- You are the expert within the Group, you create awareness and training in relation to CWS and TSS.
- You drive broad collaboration and alignment across the Triodos organisation. This is done by your ability to provide subject matter expertise within the CWS and TSS area, combined with the ability to provide guidance on the priorities within an IT-team;
- You are the bridge between group led CWS and TSS management and alert handling as is executed by the business units.
- You are responsible for regularly reporting on CWS and TSS to various stakeholders, including management.
- You translate regulatory and policy requirements into effective and efficient KYC & Financial Crime group processes / system requirements.
- You provide input for the development or updates of alert handling work instructions.
- With your expertise and experience, you will help contribute to the organisation’s KYC & Financial Crime vision and strategy.
Together with the KYC & Financial Crime Group management and other KYC & Financial Crime specialists you form the KYC & Financial Crime team at group level (total 7 FTE). You report directly to the manager KYC & Financial Crime. On a day-to-day basis, you work in multiple teams on multiple topics; that can be an international multidisciplinary team with ICT, business unit co-workers within the domain or Compliance on a specific policy implementation task. Therefore, the work on a day-to-day basis will be very diverse.
This is you
- You know how to translate sanctions regulations into compliant and efficient processes
- You have strong knowledge and multiple years of experience with Customer Watchlist Screening (Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media) as well as Transaction Sanction Screening.
- You have experience in configuration of screening solutions (on list management, matching algorithms, weighting factors and thresholds)
- You understand how to perform impact assessments regarding sanctions
- You are able to engage all relevant stakeholders to support your vision and plans to help strengthen Triodos Bank in this important area, also internationally between business units.
- You move fluently between strategic, tactical and operational level. You know how to translate (your) vision and ideas into concrete actions.
- You are able to connect to a diverse set of colleagues that speak many languages, such as those of specialists, ICT developers, Compliance and operational co-workers that operate within different countries.
- You are convincing and energizing in translating and sharing your knowledge and expertise to key persons working in the KYC & Financial Crime field within Triodos.
- And overall, you are truly motivated to live up to our mission to have money work for positive change by contributing to the solid gatekeeper function of Triodos.
In addition, you have/are
- extensive knowledge and expertise (> 3 years) within the sanctions field in the financial sector.
- a Master’s degree, preferably in a legal, compliance or business area.
- experience with, and knowledge off, an Agile way of working.
- a hands-on-mentality combined with excellent stakeholder management skills.
- a critical and strategic thinker with an academic background, strong analytical capacities and process skills. Being able to prioritise actions.
- proven business partner with a strong judgment and an excellent problem-solving orientation, being able to quickly switch from abstract to details.
- a team builder.
- proficient in English and Dutch. Some Spanish or German language skills are a plus.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our around 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands, at the 'Landgoed de Reehorst', just 3 minutes’ walk from the Driebergen-Zeist train station. If you use public transport for commuting, we provide you with an OV public transport card, which you can use for private travels as well. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as co-worker. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy.
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport.
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
For more information about this position, please contact Justin Ries, Manager KYC & Financial Crime via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please send in your application via the apply button before April 1st to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
11 March 2022