For the Triodos Bank Group Tax team we are looking for a VAT specialist. Passionate about tax. Someone who excels in a dynamic surrounding and working with colleagues for whom tax issues are not always their first priority. In this role you will report into the Group Head of Tax.
VAT specialist (32 – 40 hours per week)
Take the lead as VAT specialist to support us at the most sustainable bank
- Provide pro-active VAT advice and support on banking products, business initiatives, projects and changes in tax law.
- Provide VAT knowledge to the business departments and finance & control.
- Oversee and manage VAT compliance risks for the Triodos entities in different countries.
- Prepare the VAT return for Head Office and support the VAT pro-rata calculation and compliance process.
- Support the Head of Tax on ad-hoc tax queries, questions and tasks.
The Group Tax Department is part of the Group Tax Functional Area managed by the Group Head of Tax. The tax team at HO is managed directly by the Group Head of Tax. This team presently consists of 3 tax specialists and is looking for a VAT specialist to join the team.
We are responsible for the day to day tax support at Head Office level and support the local tax teams with our VAT tax knowledge on international and European level. As a team we are part of the Tax Community of Triodos Bank Group consisting of 10 colleagues.
This is you
You enjoy working in a small team where close co-operation, teamwork, and, above all, having fun is key. Besides that you understand the (international) business within Triodos Bank Group, have the courage to ask questions and know how to help.
This is complemented by:
- A master’s degree in Fiscal Economics, Tax Law or equivalent.
- Around 5 years of relevant working experience in a tax advisory firm or an inhouse tax role.
- Strong VAT technical skills, more notably application of VAT exemptions and EU VAT rules and case law.
- Strong communication skills in English and in Dutch (both written and verbal).
- Experience in the financial services industry is an advantage for this role but is not considered an absolute necessity.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as VAT specialist. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy.
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Jan Ammerlaan, Group Head of Tax, via email email@example.com.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
06 May 2021