We are searching for a financially minded and ambitious
Investment Portfolio Officer
32-40 hours a week
Do you tick these boxes? Then this could be your next job!
- Personally connected to sustainable and/or impact investing
- Execution of private investments and FX transactions
- Monitoring and oversight on internal and outsourced activities
- Like to take the lead and feel responsible for processes and funds allocated to you
Your role as an Investment Portfolio Officer
You are the connection between both fund managers and the Investment teams, the (internal and external) Financial Accounting, the Control department with regard to the portfolio and contract administration for direct private Debt & Equity. You will work directly with several external stakeholders, including our outsourcing partners and counterparties. The Portfolio Administration (PA) team of 15 professionals ensures that private debt & equity investment related disbursements will be processed, based on complete, valid and legally authorized documentation. Moreover, PA is responsible for execution of FX trades and collateral management with our counterparties. We have an independent monitoring role, e.g. in case of contract breaches, pre- and post trade restrictions and arrear payments by investees, and manages the vendor performance and contracts of our vendors.
Your key responsibilities
- Check drafted contracts against investment decisions and see to proper disbursement of the private debt & equity investments in line with investment decisions
- Process FX execution and collateral management for FX derivatives with our counterparties
- Participate in process improvement and change-projects (e.g. to improve and innovate our work methods, to comply with new regulation and or new products): on behalf of PA department; you will take conductors role within PA and represent PA
- Record keeping all portfolio changes in the portfolio management application
- Prepare, attend and take minutes of Investment Committee meetings, record the investment decisions taken and follow up on actions to be taken
This is you
- Affinity with the mission and vision of Triodos Bank
- At least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent through working experience) in Business Economics, Administration or Finance
- 3 years of relevant experience in financial services or banking/investment management industry
- Strong team player skills to work interactively with other departments and external stakeholders to come to solutions
- An accurate, well-organized and hands-on self-starter mentality
- Experience and affinity with process improvement and process controls (e.g. ISAE 3402)
- Fluent in English and Dutch (preferred) Spanish is a strong advantage
- You live in the Netherlands and have a valid work permit for the European Union
Follow your heart. Use your head
Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos IM, a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, we ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for 41 years. We all owe that to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society.
Triodos IM currently manages 16 funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 5.4 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. More information? See www.triodos-im.com
You want to make a difference
Our priority is impact – the difference is made by us as an investment manager and you as an Investment Portfolio Officer. We work with around 210 co-workers, diversity is key, which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued. We find it important to invest pro-actively in your personal and professional development. You will be working in a professional, informal and transparent atmosphere. We offer a working environment within a growing organisation where there is room for personal ideas, initiatives and balance. Do you want to know more about our working culture, career development initiatives and employee benefits? Then click on the following link: https://www.triodos.com/en/about-triodos-bank/jobs/working-culture/
Due to Covid-19 the PA team works mostly from home. In the second part of the year we will introduce a hybrid way of working: partly working in our sustainable and rewarded office at the railway station Driebergen-Zeist and partly working from home.
Finance change, change finance
Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM) is one of the most distinctive impact investment institutions in Europe. As a leader in impact investing, we believe how we invest defines the world we want to live in, recognizing the instrumental role and creative power of capital when used consciously.
For more information about this position, please contact Luuk Oostenbrink, Head of department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English before May 24th via the ‘apply button’ at the attention of Peter Klessens, Sr HR Advisor. The first round of interview will be on June 2nd; the second round will be on June 10th.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
03 May 2021