At Triodos, we're on the move. We’re ambitious and growing, both in size and complexity, and therefore we are looking for a
(Junior) Auditor Risk Management & Compliance
(32 - 40 hours per week)
Supporting change by independently providing objective insights
As a (Junior) Auditor, you feel at home in a dynamic and changing environment. As member of a diverse, independent and objective team, you are passionate about acting across the full Triodos Bank organisation as ‘the trusted voice’. Asking the questions needed to be asked, providing insights to help Triodos Bank achieve its goals. Also in a (post) COVID area. You have a clear vision on what is needed to be an excellent auditor in current times. Being practical and hands-on you are able to shift from necessary details to clear overall views. You are eager to learn and to participate in (international) assignments. Strong communication skills support your impact. In combination with sincere interest this helps building lasting relations with our internal clients.
We are with 15 and work from Zeist, Madrid, Brussels and Bristol. With dedicated teams for ‘Banking’ and ‘Investment Management and Head Office support’ (including risk management and IT) we follow the organisation of Triodos Bank. We are independent and report directly to the Group CEO. We have a learning mindset and aim to continuously improve ourselves and our own way of working. We ask our clients to be open and transparent: so are we.
In total, the Head Office support team consist of 5 co-workers, all located in Zeist.
This is you
You report directly to the Head of Audit responsible for Head Office support. and pro-actively contribute to the mission of the audit function and thus Triodos Bank. Main responsibilities are:
- Participate in risk management and compliance framework audits, including the group-wide application of the frameworks.
- Assess and analyses the impact of relevant laws and regulation on business risks, controls, and processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with risk management business partners at Head Office.
- Develop risk management expertise especially in areas such as data analytics, machine learning and model risk management.
Being a friendly persona, you combine a ‘can-do’ attitude with strong affinity to the Triodos values and mission. The role requires:
- 2 to 3 years of professional auditing experience of working in a financial services organisation or other relevant (risk management) experience
- Clear analytical thinking and planning and project management skills.
- Understanding of risk management regulation (e.g Basel Capital Accord, Wft, model risk, ICAAP/ILAAP) and / or
- Experience in, or visible affinity with, data management and/or model risk management.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and able to maintain relations at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrably strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- A genuine interest in people and planet.
- Fluency in English and Dutch. Good knowledge of the Spanish, French or German language is a pre.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,500 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Junior Auditor. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy.
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport.
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Frans van der Poel (Head of Audit Triodos Investment Management and Head Office Support) via phone 06-11433913.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before January 24 2021 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
30 December 2020