The Risk Management department works from our international Head Office in Zeist and services the European branches. In the area of Financial Risk Management, we are looking for an enthusiastic new colleague who wants to work with us to further develop, implement and maintain finance and risk models within Triodos Bank. With your specific knowledge and experience in (a.o.) the area of Finance, ALM and Credit Risk, you will help improve and expand the modelling systems of Triodos Bank. Therefore, we have a vacancy in the ALM & Modelling team for a
Finance & Risk Modeler (32-40 hrs)
The Finance & Risk Modeler contributes to the modelling of the financial position and financial risks of the bank. The focus will be on credit risk modelling but can also be in the area of Asset & Liability Management (ALM).
- Design, develop, test and maintain various functionalities in the SAS risk solutions, based on the identified functional requirements and in line with non-functional requirements (performance, security, availability, maintainability, etc.).
- Define and describe the required software in terms of detailed specifications as well as (contributing to) checking the effects on the larger entity, in coordination with the stakeholders, and documenting decisions and requirements.
- Coordinate the functional acceptance as well as the transfer to operations including the writing of release notes.
- Identify room for improvement with regard to the software functionality and technology, as well as continuous improvement of processes and work methods within the department.
- Keep up to date with developments in the financial sector, internal developments and developments within the Finance and Risk domain and sharing this knowledge with relevant internal and external parties.
You'll join the nine-member Asset & Liability Management (ALM) & Modelling team within the 2nd line Risk Management department. This is a young, friendly team of hard workers. With various ambitious goals and deadlines on the agenda, the team is guaranteed to have enough challenging work ahead.
This is you
A successful candidate has a high level of working energy, is able to deliver high quality results in a rapidly changing environment, is accurate in his/her way of communicating, creates clear, realistic expectations and is willing to roll his/her sleeves up to get things done. You are analytical, take initiative, are a team player, like to share knowledge.
This is complemented by:
- Proven affinity with the mission and goals of Triodos Bank.
- Academic degree, preferably Econometrics or Maths.
- Excellent command of English; command of Dutch, Spanish, German is an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, persuasive, good social skills.
- Some years work experience in banking risk management, in the area of credit risk modelling, especially IFRS9 ECL.
- Experience with programming in SAS (Risk Dimensions).
- Independent, practical, structured and accurate.
- Eye for quality improvement and innovation.
- Applicants must have or obtain a valid work permit for the European Union.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,500 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Finance & Risk modeler. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- a range of education and training opportunities
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Pim van der Stoel (Head of ALM & Modelling) via email email@example.com or phone 030-6943046.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before 14 December to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
18 November 2020