Triodos Investment Management (IM) has the ambition to accelerate the energy transition by investing in projects and initiatives that contribute to combating climate change in the Netherlands, Europe and in the emerging markets. It currently manages two funds on Renewable Energy, Triodos Renewables Europe Fund and Triodos Groenfonds. We are investigating to add a third Fund that will be entirely dedicated to Renewable energy in the Emerging Markets. In order to strengthen the fund management team Triodos IM is looking for an entrepreneurial, ambitious, committed individual to fulfil the position of (Associate) Fund Manager in Renewable Energy and Emerging Markets (36 – 40 hours a week).
Triodos Groenfonds and the new fund will be managed jointly by two fund managers. The current Fund Manager of Triodos Groenfonds will be also the lead Fund Manager for the new fund.
Within this role, you will be a representative of Triodos Bank and its mission and an entrepreneurial and catalytic force in establishing the success of these two funds, together with the Lead fund manager.
The (Associate) Fund Manager will work closely with the Lead Fund Manager and will coordinate and manage the investments, the portfolio construction, risk management, and all other fund management related activities for both funds. You will play a direct role in increasing the impact of the fund through sourcing, negotiating and managing new investments as well as optimising the performance and composition of the portfolio.
You will be involved in attracting capital from retail and institutional investors. Additionally, you will support the strategic development and positioning of the funds. The (Associate) Fund manager is a sparring partner and back up for the Lead Fund Manager and will work together with other fund managers of the Impact Private Debt and Equity Department and Triodos Bank the Netherlands.
- Portfolio construction and maintaining a well-diversified portfolio and good balance of the investments of the two funds;
- Assessing and monitoring the investments prepared by Relationship/Investment Managers, challenging them and securing support for the decisions;
- The growth of the funds, while managing and balancing the liquidity of the portfolio and its investments;
- Initiate, maintain and deepen relations with existing and new investors in the funds;
- The strategic business development of the funds; assessing trends in the markets and areas that liaise to Triodos strategy;
- Cooperating with various stakeholders, such as, the supervisory boards of the funds, the Management Board Triodos IM, senior managers of Triodos IM and Triodos Bank Nederland;
- Translating the company’s objectives to the funds/ focal area and to the co-workers, as well as contributing to the long-term / strategic planning for the business line;
- Coordinating with staff departments providing services to the fund, including finance, control, portfolio administration, investor relations, marketing & communication, legal, tax, risk and compliance;
- Representing the fund/portfolio externally as a representative of Triodos IM;
- Building and maintaining relevant relations and publicly disseminating Triodos objectives in general and of the funds in particular.
The position requires
- Experience in portfolio/fund management for minimum 3-7years. You have worked as a fund or portfolio manager or as an investment analyst
- Understanding/affinity with the energy transition in the Netherlands and in the emerging markets
- Academic degree (preferably in Business Economics, Finance, supplemented with CFA)
- Fixed Income knowledge (project finance, illiquid instruments, green bonds)
- Affinity with alternative investments
- Understanding of the funds operating market(s) and renewable energy
- Excel skills (Knowledge of Bloomberg a pre)
- Capability to liaise successfully with institutional investors and multiple stakeholders
- Experience with maintaining and developing investors relations and attracting new investors
- Fluency in Dutch and English both orally and in writing
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
This is you
- You have the affinity and personal connection with the mission and values of Triodos Bank as well as the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities
- A result-oriented, self-starting entrepreneurial work attitude, used to work in multidisciplinary teams across companies and countries
- Strong commercial and entrepreneurial skills; building relationships and a deal-oriented attitude, excellent communication and networking skills
- Inquisitive by nature with an eye for new developments in the sector and the ability to convert this into opportunities for the fund
- A solution focussed attitude, pragmatic and with good business sense
- Willingness to travel occasionally to the Emerging Markets
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
The fund management team is part of the private debt & equity activities of Triodos IM, which is at the start of an organizational change towards increased harmonization, cooperation and efficiency across the three transition themes of Food & Agriculture, Energy & Climate and Financial Inclusion. By adopting the principles of Agile, we aim to optimize value for investors and investees and realize positive impact.
Triodos Groenfonds is a green fund listed on the Euronext with approximately EUR 1 billion AuM. It has an 80% allocation to renewable energy, energy efficiencies, sustainable buildings and organic food and agriculture in the Netherlands, and 20% to renewable energy in the Emerging Markets. It provides project finance loans, eligible for green certificates awarded by the RVO (Enterprise Agency Netherlands) according to the Dutch Green Scheme Regime. The fund invests its liquidities in green bonds and has a small allocation to Equity impact funds in innovative segments such as renewable energy, Commercial and Industrial initiatives, circular economy, and carbon sequestration.
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The search for this position is granted to Financial Assets. https://www.financialassets.nl/nl/homepage/
For more information about this position or if you want to apply please send your application (including motivation letter) before April 24th, to the attention of Marc Hamel, Partner at Financial Assets, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications directly addressed to Triodos Investment Management will not be processed.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
25 March 2020