Triodos Bank is a global leader in sustainable banking. We provide banking services with the objective to contribute to an inclusive and sustainable society. Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a leading impact investor in the transition themes Energy & Climate, Sustainable Food & Agriculture and Inclusive Society. With a total portfolio of EUR 2 billion the Impact private debt and equity team invests in companies and projects that contribute positively to these themes.
Triodos IM works in close collaboration with many partners. Analyzing and selecting the right partners to cooperate with us is an essential element of our work both from a business perspective and from the perspective of our gatekeepers’ responsibilities in order to be compliant with regulations. In order to strengthen our capacity, we are looking for a Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Expert (32-40 hours a week).
You will work in close cooperation with the investment teams that invest in the transition themes, with the Process Improvement Manager and with the compliance team.
- Update and upgrade CDD related procedures, formats and tools in order to remain compliant.
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the CDD process while being fully compliant with regulations and policies.
- Conduct CDD and Know Your Customer (KYC) analysis on clients and partners.
- Support the investment team with expert knowledge and process guidance.
- Train the investment team and members of the investment committee on CDD matters via structured trainings as well as frequent knowledge sharing.
- Be the linking pin between the investment team (1st line of defence) and the compliance team (2nd line of defines) in a joint responsibility to be fully compliant.
- Interact with partners in the sector in exchange of knowledge and experience.
You will be a member of the Support Domain (team) within the Impact private debt and equity business line.
The position requires
- Academic degree (master or bachelor), preferably in Legal, Criminology or Business Economics.
- Significant banking and/or compliance expertise with a focus on Customer Due Diligence.
- Expertise to analyse legal and tax structures.
- Experience and knowledge to analyse legal and operational structures of different types of institutions and understand their risks in the complexity of a global context.
- Experience in supporting and training associated teams.
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing. Other languages like Spanish or Russian is considered a pre.
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the European Union.
This is you
- Strong analytical skills;
- Creative, solution oriented, pragmatic; the ability to convert legislation and policies into practical solutions;
- Social and constructive. People like to work with you;
- Ability to share knowledge and encourage colleagues to follow your lead;
- Show a positive attitude on the agile way of working; entrepreneurship, client focus, resilience and continuous improving the processes and services;
- Work in a structured way; keep others informed, good planning, prioritizing & organizing skills, on time and well prepared;
- Have a strong affinity and personal connection to the mission and goals of Triodos Bank.
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- 13 monthly salary payments plus holiday allowance
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours
- the option to join our collective health insurance
For more information about this position, please contact Frank Streppel, Investment Committee Chair, via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to join our team? Please send in your application (in English) including CV before February 29th, 2020 to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM.
Please note that the first round interviews will take place on March 6th, 2020.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
31 January 2020