Triodos is growing rapidly, and so is our software development department. We’re expanding existing teams and forming new teams. You, a true Java enthusiast, can contribute to this. We have vacancies on all levels, from junior to senior positions.
As a Java Developer at Triodos bank, you help building the core banking system of one of the most sustainable banks in the world. You share our social mission and want to contribute to it, doing what you do best. Focus on performance, maintainability, scalability and robustness is what you strive towards. Quality is of utmost importance to you. Welcome to Triodos Bank.
Triodos bank is continuously expanding its products and services to its customers. A growing organisation means a requirement for more development capacity. Together we work on a mission critical system, of which we built all core parts ourselves, which means we are in control. Triodos Bank is growing rapidly, but is still small enough for you as an individual developer to make a change and to focus on what you think is important.
A full stack challenge As a Development Team Member in one of our scrum teams, you work in sprints on the user stories that the product owner assigns the highest priority. We have ten multidisciplinary scrum teams; you will be part of one. Together with a test specialist, an information analyst and a couple of developers, you will be responsible for the result of the team. Our goal is to build excellent software. We do this for our branches in the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom and France.
Scrum team Together we are responsible for a spectrum of large projects to small changes for expansion or improvement of products and services. As a developer you will search for practical and elegant solutions to complex and simple problems. You will build new functionalities for our customers using Internet banking and the mobile app, and you will improve administrative systems for Triodos colleagues.
This is who you are or want to be, depending on your skill level
- You are an absolute Java champion! Within no time you are up to speed in a large existing code base, which has grown over the last 15 years
- You can translate functional requirements to a technical solution in a complex environment
- You can assess when to make a decision by yourself or within your team, and when to consult a tech lead from another team or one of the software architects. You can find the perfect balance between the most elegant solution and a more pragmatic approach
- You show initiative, contribute to solutions and take the lead. We offer the opportunity to do so, and you will take it!
- You treat others with respect. Also when they are different from you. You understand the importance of working in iterations and getting things “Done” frequently. You are always looking for ways to improve
We offer a dynamic environment in a rapidly growing organisation, providing space for your own ideas and initiative. Responsibility, hard work and deadlines go hand in hand with foosball, extended lunches, inspirational meetings, a group visit to the Devoxx conference and social drinks. We offer a competitive salary, a 13th month pay, an excellent pension scheme and at least 28 days of vacation a year.
Questions? Do you have any questions? Our Teamlead/Scrummaster Jeroen Sanders can answer these for you via firstname.lastname@example.org.Interested? If you are interested in this position, please apply via the 'Apply now' button and send your motivation letter and cv to the attention of Rini Verbon, HR. We would like to get in touch with you!
As the position based in Zeist, the Netherlands, applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid working permit for the European Union and at least basic knowledge of the Dutch language.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
25 July 2019