Internship Data Analytics “Become part of the change!”Starting september 1, 2019
Supporting change by providing insightsAt Triodos, we're on the move. We’re ambitious and growing, both in size and complexity. Hence, growing our data analytical skills is not a question anymore but a necessity. You will further build, improve and embed data analytics within Internal Audit. Helping Internal Audit to deliver on it’s passion to act across the full Triodos Bank organisation as ‘the trusted voice’. Asking the questions needed to be asked, providing insights to help Triodos Bank achieve its goals.
Get in action• Because of your practical and hands-on mentality, you quickly shift from necessary details to clear overall views.• You are familiar with SQL, which makes it easy to work with data analytics, create queries and perform data and trend/pattern analyses• You will work closely with other departments to increase the level of management information within the organization
Follow your heart. Use your head.Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1.400 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for almost 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Team We are with 14 and work in an International team. from Zeist, Madrid, Brussels and Bristol. As an intern you will work from Zeist, the Netherlands. We are independent and report directly to the Group CEO. We have a learning mindset and aim to continuously improve ourselves and our own way of working. We ask our clients to be open and transparent: so are we.
Your profileYou work closely together with the Data Analytics expert in the audit team. You are an enthusiastic, optimistic person with a ‘can-do’ attitude. This is complemented by:
- personal connection to the mission of Triodos Bank
- studying at a Bachelor degree (3rd or 4th year with a strong focus on data analytics)
- excellent analytics skills and affinity with data (SQL knowledge is requested, preferable with knowledge of tooling Knime and/or Qliksense)
- good communication skills, both verbally and written
- good knowledge of written and spoken Dutch and English
You want to have an impactImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as an intern. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
• A dynamic learning environment where you will be working with a lot of enthusiastic colleagues• A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself and learn more about Internal Audit and analyzing data in a working environment• A mentor for your supervision• Lunches for interns with lectures by co-workers• Fun and inspiring outings, organised by Young Triodos• A research group for graduate interns
Interested? For more information please contact Martijn Brinkhof, Senior IT Auditor via: 030 - 694 3073. Please send in your application (CV + motivational letter in English) via the apply button before August 1th 2019.
In case you are going to graduate, we would like to receive your (draft) research question which you would like to fulfil as well.
Zeist | Head Office
09 July 2019