At Triodos Bank, we're on the move. We're growing, and we believe it's important to establish a fair and optimal balance between sustainability and risk. Applying and improving risk models around Asset & Liability Management (ALM) is an important part of this. You use your knowledge of ALM and Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) to develop the right models, with careful reasoning and documentation guaranteeing a smooth and successful validation. You analyse and contribute to discussions. Together with your colleagues at Risk Management, you ensure risks are properly assessed. This means our customers and stakeholders are assured of a good financial result.
- Develop, implement, manage, improve, test and document models for ALM covering interest rate risks and liquidity risks
- Apply risk models. This includes ALM reporting, stress testing and pricing
- Contribute to the measurement and management of financial risks
- Develop checks, policies, handbooks and guidelines, and keep these up to date.
You'll join the eight-member Asset & Liability Management (ALM) & Modelling team within the Risk Management department. This is a young, friendly team of hard workers. With regular new releases of the ALM tooling, stand ups (agile) and various deadlines on the agenda, the team is guaranteed to have enough challenging work ahead.
This position makes it possible to develop yourself in a role as Financial Risk Manager / ALM specialist. There is room for learning and development with the help of your direct colleagues. What you bring is your curiosity, analytical skills and quick adaptation to complex content. You are up to date on the latest developments and IRRBB legislation and follow the developments closely. You ask the right questions, work in a structured way and like to investigate everything to the deepest details. With your pragmatic and social attitude, always ready to help someone, you're a born collaborator and you share our mission. Coordinating your work with stakeholders and creating solutions that meet their needs requires excellent communication skills. In addition, you bring:
- An academic degree and have a quantitative financial background in a field such as econometrics
- A couple of years of work experience is a plus, for example as a financial risk manager, ALM consultant or quantitative risk modeller.
- You are capable of developing and applying financial models.
- You have excellent Excel skills.
- You have experience with programming (e.g. VBA, R, Python, SAS).
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank, our 1.400 staff ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for almost 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products.
People make the difference. Together we make an active contribution to a sustainable society and that, of course starts with our co-workers. Various structural reflection moments and the attention to personal development ensure that we can make a difference together. We keep each other engaged and all work from the mission of Triodos Bank.
Our Dutch head office is located in Zeist; a modern and green working environment. Are you traveling by public transport? Based on our company philosophy we fully reimburse the costs.
You want to make a difference
Our first priority is impact – the difference made by us as a bank, and you as a Financial Risk Manager. And that's not all: Triodos Bank also offers great working conditions. These include:
- A salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work
- A bike scheme
- 28 days of paid annual leave for a 40-hour working week and the opportunity to purchase up to 14 additional days of annual leave
- An attractive pension scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- The option of joining our collective health insurance scheme.
Are you interested?For more information about the specific details of this position, please contact Pim van der Stoel, Head of ALM & Modelling via Pim.VanderStoel@triodos.com. Want to join or team? Please send in your application (in English) via the apply button before 23 January 2019 to the attention of Jenny Duijndam, HR Advisor.
Zeist | Head Office
21 December 2018