China is known for its quite restrictive regulatory unbanked adults, second only to India. Both companies offer a range of credit products to micro, small and medium-sized businesses that face difficulties in accessing credit from the traditional banking system. In addressing this population, Microcred China aims to contribute to improving the lives of its clients and their families, and to contribute to an inclusive financial sector.
Key indicators as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 26,774
- percentage female clients: 30%
- percentage rural clients: 30%
- average loan amount: EUR 5,478
- number of savings clients: n.a.