First Microfinance Bank (FMFB) in Tajikistan is a very socially-driven bank. No other bank or microfinance institution is as active in the eastern, mountainous part of the country as FMFB. Although only 3% of the population of Tajikistan lives in the eastern part, they account for 20% of the loan portfolio of FMFB. Triodos Microfinance Fund has provided a loan to FMFB to realise further growth of its loan portfolio.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 18,194
- percentage female clients: 34%
- percentage rural clients: 44%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,271
- number of savings clients: 47,542