(32-40 hours a week)
You will work closely in an investment team that invests in financial institutions, specialized in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in developing countries. The activities in this specific region are constantly growing and broadening.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your focus will be on: South and/or South-East Asia
- Monitor our existing portfolio of debt investees in the region.
- Proactively manage and monitor existing investment portfolio in the region, making sure that the portfolio is well managed in accordance with our debt covenants and periodic reviews.
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with existing and new clients, being financial institutions active in micro- and SME finance, and in other financial services which contribute to sustainable development.
- Commercially responsible for the full deal process, including negotiating conditions and contracting.
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with other stakeholders such as network partners, banking regulators, technical assistance providers and support agencies to develop new opportunities and market knowledge of covered countries.
- Analyse financial statements, undertake risk assessments, perform due-diligence, write investment proposals and obtain support for finance proposals by presenting investment recommendations to the investment committee
- Be a representative of Triodos Bank and our mission
The position requires
- Strong commercial skills: building relationships and a deal-oriented attitude, excellent communication and networking skills.
- Ability to analyse financial and operational structure of different types of financial institutions and understand their risks in the complexity of an emerging markets context.
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset and capacity to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Be a team player
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing are required.
- Affinity with the region and having a network in the region, especially India are strong advantages
- Willingness to travel to Asia on a regular basis.
This is you
- Proven affinity with inclusive finance and impact investing.
- Academic (master) degree, preferably in Business Economics or Accounting/Finance.
- Significant banking and/or other relevant financial sector experience (min. 4 years) with a focus on (international) finance, preferably as an account/investment manager in the (impact) investments industry.
- A result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains for over 40 years. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to a sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore, we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Dorian Marquer, Head of Corporate Dept Asia/ECCA ,email: [email protected]Please send in your application via the apply button before 28 November to the attention of Ilona van der Sluis, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
13 November 2023