To support in keeping our funds fit for the future, to expand the product range we want to offer to our clients and to further develop the professional and harmonised way of working across fund portfolios, we are looking to hire a:
seasoned, strategic and ambitious
Head of Fund Management
36-40 hours a week
- Responsible for ensuring that Triodos IM has a unique set up impact driven funds that create positive societal change whilst meeting investor needs in the market.
- Responsible that Triodos IM always has the right mixture and size of impact private debt and equity funds to allow for a sustainable growth of our impact investments.
- Responsible for strategic direction and priority setting of the Fund Management team based on a clear vision/perspective on the market for impact driven Alternative Investment Funds.
- Responsible for Triodos IM’s approach on Portfolio Construction and Management: monitoring, managing and measuring Financial Risk; portfolio construction optimising impact, risk and return performance; asset allocation and pipeline management (matching assets and liabilities with liquidity) including the related Policies, Frameworks and Methodologies.
- Responsible for continuous development of the Portfolio Construction and Management capability; improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the portfolio related processes and business practice across all funds.
- Responsibilities may include the management of one or more funds as well as acting as the back-up for fund managers: driving the impact, risk and return performance of that portfolio within its mandate; accountable and client-facing to the fund’s investors and stakeholders.
- Responsible for individual and team management and development; build and develop a high performing team of professionals that is committed to each other’s success, combining result orientation with high co-worker satisfaction.
Focus of your activities
- Lead the Fund Management team with clear direction and priority setting: set the team’s strategy, year plan, objectives and budget and monitor and drive performance, with the aim to realise Triodos IM’s business results and the funds’ impact and financial objectives.
- Develop a strategy for the development of the IPD&E funds and portfolios to keep the product range fit for future and contribute strategically to the development of new propositions (such a mandates). Do so in close collaboration with the fund managers and the Director IPD&E.
- Assess and monitor economic, financial, and sustainable developments of the private (fund) markets.
- Represent the Fund Management team internally and externally. Present the Triodos IPD&E funds’ economic, financial and sustainable vision, internally and externally, in writing and verbally.
- Monitor and discuss on frequent basis in close collaboration with Financial Risk Management the exposure and impact risks within the funds’ portfolios.
- Establish effective collaboration with the Impact and Financial Performance Measurement team in the mid office.
- Contribute with impact and vision to Triodos IM’s collective knowledge base especially with regard to private market impact investments and asset management generally.
- Spur continuous improvement of the Portfolio Construction and Management processes and realise a harmonised way of working across funds; identify shortcomings in existing business practices, suggest bold steps to improve the organisation's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage the individual and team performance; set appropriate performance objectives for team members and hold them accountable; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of individual and team objectives. Coach, train and enable co-workers to develop in the direction set for the team. Perform and stimulate Flow dialogues.
- Contribute to the overall direction and management of IPD&E, in collaboration with the other Heads.
The Head of Fund Management further acts as a Fund Manager of (at least) one of the IPD&E funds and manages (impact, risk and return of) its portfolio.
The teamThe Fund Management Team consists of a team of 8 professionals (the Head and 7 fund managers), each of them responsible for managing one (or multiple) fund(s):
- Retail and (semi-) professional funds, domiciled in the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- Debt and equity funds, in emerging markets and in Europe, on the themes of Financial Inclusion, Energy Transition and Food Transition.
The Head of Fund Management reports to the Director Impact Private Debt and Equity and forms part of the Impact Private Debt & Equity Management Team.
This is you
- You are strongly attracted to the core values of Triodos and able to translate the mission of Triodos IM in your daily work as an ambassador of the organisation.
- Proven track record as fund manager of a sizable private debt or equity fund or private mandate.
- At least 10 years working experience as a fund manager.
- You have been in charge of or involved in the structuring, marketing and sale of new funds.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, a commercial focus and a proven track record of delivering results both individually as well as through a team of professionals.
- Strong network of (professional/institutional) investors and understanding their needs.
- Experience with financing Financial Inclusion, Energy Transition and Food Transition.
- You are an inspirational leader and naturally bring a lot of energy to the team.
- Strong in stakeholder management skills to work interactively with other departments and external stakeholders to come to solutions.
- Independent thinker with an open, result-oriented, team playing attitude.
You lead your department with a leadership style characterised by collaboration and co-creation and are able to think from the whole. You get things done in an effective and efficient way and dare to challenge were needed. As a real people manager, you inspire and empower others and encourage co-workers to get the most out of themselves. You foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
This is complemented by
- An academic degree preferably in (business) economics or finance, CFA, RBA or CAIA registered
- Fluent in English, proficiency in other major languages is an advantage
- Experience in developing markets is an advantage
- You live in the Netherlands and have a valid work permit for the European Union
A development assessment might be part of the selection procedure.
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Impact Private Debt and Equity
The Impact Private Debt and Equity (IPD&E) department manages seven article 9 funds investing in debt, equity and venture capital instruments along the themes of Financial Inclusion, Energy Transition and Food Transition, in emerging markets and Europe. The funds are managed by a fund management team. The investments for the funds’ portfolios are originated and managed by five investment teams and the KYC team.
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement of a company bicycle to the max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Bas Nierop, Director IPD&E via email [email protected]Want to join our team?
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button before 30 November to the attention of Ilona van der Sluis, recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
26 October 2023