To support our desire to make an impact with our app and strengthen our senior Android population, we are looking for a mission driven
Lead Android Developer (32 - 40 hours)
Building the sustainable bank in your pocket
Our ambition is to have an excellent banking app for all people that choose sustainable banking. On top of stable, secure and performing daily banking functionality, we want to establish meaningful communication with our customers and stimulate positive change. We are looking for you, if you can take the lead on the technical side and shape a high-quality solution together with PO’s, devs, UX and, possibly back-end teams and solution architects. Also, we are on a DevOps kind of mode of operation, so you should be able to find your way around various applications and organizational units in order solve the issues we and our customers face. After just having finished our migration to native apps, we’re now bringing much requested features to our customers. Teams autonomously deliver features, all the way from understanding what’s needed to deploying a new version to the app store.
To deliver high quality software with high frequency we value clean code, a solid architecture and design for test. Our Android app is built with MVVM, Kotlin and Jetpack Compose. We rely heavily on TeamCity for our CI/CD pipeline and testing is done with Junit and Espresso. Our API is generated for both iOS and Android and no third-party social SDK’s in our app.
You are going to work in the app domain, currently consisting of four development teams working in native technologies (Android and iOS) and a couple of UX designers. Each team has three Android developers, three iOS developers, a tester and a Product Owner/Information Analyst. You’ll be working closely together and align your work with the PO and other teams. Knowledge sharing, accountability and trust are a couple of our team values.
Every two weeks all the Android developers come together in the Android chapter to share ideas on how to move forward with the Android app, share best practices and discuss improvements for the architecture and design of the app. As a lead developer you’re likely to be involved in cross-platform alignment with iOS and collaborations with back-end teams as well.
This is you
- You have at least 7 years of experience developing Android apps.
- You have experience as lead developer or have strong evidence you have such potential
- You have experience with a significant part of our tech stack.
- You are strong both in technology as communication and collaboration.
- You always cover your code with unit tests and have experience with UI tests, including setting up an automated test suite.
- You keep yourself up to date with the latest developments and are always looking for ways to improve your skills.
- You bring ideas and input to the team to drive innovation.
- You have a sharp mind and pragmatic attitude. You find practical and elegant solutions to complex and simple problems.
- You take initiative and you understand which decisions you can make yourself and when you need to consult with another experienced developer or software architect.
- Your way of working is based on mutual respect. You can easily get things done and involve your colleagues in what you want to achieve.
- Experience with build tools, build configurations and project modularization.
- Experience with coroutines.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle scheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Michiel Rutteman (Team Lead) via email [email protected].
Want to join our team?
We recognise that we’re on a journey regarding diversity and inclusion and we welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented / minority backgrounds. We believe that applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds is essential to enable our inclusive organisation to grow. We don’t want to miss out on candidates who feel they don’t exactly match the job description requirements, so if this is a role that sounds interesting to you, and you feel you could add value to the role, please apply. You could be exactly who we need!
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
11 October 2023