Within Digital & Technology, the Software Solutions department is responsible for development, maintenance, and integration of ICT applications that support Triodos’ business. We currently deliver this with 22 scrum delivery teams supplemented with 3 core teams delivering specific capabilities: Support, Software Architecture and Test Services. This new position will lead the Software Architecture team next to overseeing performance of Guilds and Chapters as cross-team competence development and collaboration communities across Digital & Technology:
Team Lead Software Architecture & Competences (32 - 40 hours a week)
‘The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity.’
You lead and coach a team of Software Architects to stay current with industry trends and best practices and translate technically complex topics in a comprehensible manner.
- You stay current with industry trends and best practices in software architecture, development processes, tooling and frameworks to derive the future-state of our technology stack.
- You are responsible for quality and process uniformity of software development, software architecture and integration and incorporate them into the department's way of working.
- You lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy, technical debt and recommend solutions for improvement to keep the technology stack performant and appealing to personnel.
- You oversee the implementation and integration of software architecture, ensuring that it is efficient, scalable, and maintainable.
- You maintain insight in and apply a coherent set of principles, styles, guidelines, and constraints in software design.
- You represent Software Solutions in the Architecture Board and align software architecture with enterprise architecture as well as business strategy.
- You manage competence development within the Digital & Technology organisation to ensure capabilities are aligned with business needs and technology developments, addressing gaps through the development of skills and tooling via chapters and guilds.
- You actively contribute to the Management Team of Software Solutions steering the department.
- Knowledge of Software Architecture and Design practices including Middleware and System Integration.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and working with stakeholders within an agile organisation.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Communication and leadership skills, able to set a vision and motivate a team to achieve it.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Command of written and spoken English.
If you are committed to the mission and values of Triodos Bank and you are enthusiastic about the position but do not meet all requirements, please do not hesitate to apply.
The teamYou will lead a Software Architecture team of six software architects. Next to that you are part of a nine-person Management Team with seven peer Team Leads and the Group Head of Software Solutions to whom you’ll report.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Ruud Heutmekers, Group Head of Software Solutions via email [email protected] or phone +31 6 1179 2023.Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
13 September 2023