The department for listed Impact Equities & Bonds (IE&B) offers 9 sustainable investment funds to clients ranging from a bond funds, equity funds and mixed funds. Sustainability is at the core of everything we do, hence we analyze positive impact and negative exclusion criteria for every publicly listed security that is considered for investment. Within IE&B the research team consists of 10 analysts responsible for selection, research and monitoring of securities. The research team works closely together with the IE&B fund managers for portfolio construction and idea generation. Our clients are investors in our investment funds, private banking relations and institutional investors. To support the ongoing growth in assets under management and the expansion of the products we want to offer to our clients we are looking to hire a:
Investment Analyst - Sustainability Intern
(Fulltime for 3 to 6 months)
During the internship, you will gain knowledge and experience in sustainability subjects. Your main tasks include:
- Supporting the research team with the completion of a multitude of sustainability assessments for the existing holdings using our recently updated Triodos standards. The sustainability assessments consist of three elements: negative screening, controversies and ESG assessment.
- In the negative screening, a thorough analysis is performed to identify involvement with controversial products and services such as fossil fuels and animal testing.
- In the controversies research, news concerning issuers is reviewed case by case for violations of international norms and conventions such as OECD Guidelines and UN Global Compact.
- In the ESG assessment, the most material ESG risks per industry are identified and the company is assessed in-depth on its policies and practices, as well as on its relative performance compared to industry peers.
- Where insufficient information is available, you will be responsible for contacting the company and setting up meetings to gain a deeper understanding of their sustainability performance.
- Throughout the sustainability assessment, you will check compliance with the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) Principal Adverse Impacts (PAIs) as well as our Triodos Minimum Standards.
- You will make use of several supporting resources to ensure an efficient process, such as proprietary dashboards, ESG data from external providers and Bloomberg.
The position requires:
- A strong command of the English language is necessary as all research and team meetings are conducted in English.
- The internship is relevant for anyone interested in learning about sustainability topics. To make this internship a success, it is important that you like to perform research and analysis work.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively, ensuring the completion of a substantial amount of sustainability assessments within the internship duration.
- Please beware that we can only consider applicants that already have a valid work and residence permit for The Netherlands and that are registered as a student throughout the internship period.
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
You will be executing your activities partly from home - we work hybrid - by use of a Triodos laptop.
What you can expect from us:
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic co-workers.
- A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor to help and coach you.
- Internship fee up to EUR 500,- (based on 40 hours).
- Intern lunches with lectures given by co-workers.
- A research group for research/graduate interns.
- Fun outings, organised by Young Triodos.
- Desired starting date: As soon as possible
Want to join our team?
For more information about this position, please contact Caithlin Marugg, Investment Analyst at IE&B, by e-mail: [email protected].
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) in English via the apply button in this vacancy to the attention of Henk Jonker, Head of Research. The interviews will be held by Microsoft Teams. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
Closing date: September 15th 2023.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
4 September 2023