Triodos Bank is looking for a
(Senior) Legal Counsel Financial Markets (36-40 hours per week)
As a (Senior) Legal Counsel, you work in a growing young team of in-house lawyers, challenging each other to improve our legal knowledge in connection with the day-to-day business activities of Triodos Bank.
- You have good knowledge (5 to 10 years) of the area of financial markets and securities including regulations connected with Securitisation, Originate to Distribute systems, DNB-eligible collateral, secured stand by facilities, bonds, Market Abuse, Derivatives, Benchmark Regulation etc.
- You keep up with the regulatory framework for financial markets and securities and you analyse the impact of upcoming legislation for our organisation.
- Your main business contacts will be the Group Treasury Department and your main responsibilities will relate to the operational activities of the Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF) and the trading of the Depository Receipts (DRs) of Triodos Bank.
- You support our organisation with the implementation of regulatory and business requirements and provide practical legal advice.
- As a member of the Group Legal Department, you closely cooperate with your colleague Legal Counsels working in a range of legal fields, including sustainable finance, payments and savings, data protection and Digital finance.
- You are responsible in answering related questions from various internal stakeholders.
- You engage and move within the bank by demonstrating that you can help your colleagues in solving their legal issues while accomplishing Triodos' mission.
The Group Legal Department is part of the Group Legal Functional Area headed by the General Counsel. The legal team at Group level is managed directly by the Group Head of Legal. Currently, this team consists of two legal operation officers and five Legal Counsels. We are responsible for the day-to-day legal support at Group level and work together with the local legal teams with our knowledge of the rules and regulations on European level. As a team we are part of the Legal Community of Triodos Bank Group.
This is you
- 5 to 10 years of working experience in a relevant legal function connected to area of financial markets and securities, either as in-house lawyer in a financial institution or in a law firm.
- Driven and substantively sharp lawyer, professional and with a clear vision about their role in the organisation. At the same time practical/pragmatic in working methods and advice.
- 'Customer-oriented' and good sense of internal relationships/interests; good feeling for the commercial interests of the enterprise.
- Uses clear, understandable language, has good communication and presentation skills.
- Hands-on skills in the field of project management and handling day to day issues.
This is complemented by:
- A pleasant, informal, no-nonsense, involved, empathetic personality.
- Open, communicative person, who likes to think along, easy in sharing knowledge, information and ideas.
- Analytical thinker, who uses intellect for sound risk assessment and solution-oriented advice, who dares to make decisions, makes choices.
- Independent, ' stands firm' in difficult discussions, resists well.
- Result-oriented, tenacious, hands-on and well organized, even under pressure and in hectic times.
- Maintains the highest standards of integrity.
- Has a Dutch civil law academic title, possibly supplemented by (international) financial law specialist training.
- Excellent skills in the Dutch and English language (oral and in writing).
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
(Remote) Group function, location independent, but there is a reference for a candidate from The Netherlands. Our award-winning sustainable Head Office is situated in Driebergen, The Netherlands, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle scheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Peter Cent, Group head of Legal via email [email protected].Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before September 21, 2023 to the attention of Ilona van der Sluis, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
28 August 2023