In 2022 and 2023, we have started the transformation of our organization to a One Bank operating model. For Operational Risk Management this means moving towards an integrated organization design focused on uniform and efficient processes, dedicated ORM partners to the business and by improving the quality of our processes and ensuring continuity throughout the group.
Therefore Triodos Bank is looking for an
Operational Risk Manager (36 hours a week)
As an Operational Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day activities following the ORM risk cycle (including the adequate usage of tooling) for specific sub areas within primary and/ or secondary processes. You will be doing this is by being a dedicated ORM partner to the business for your area of expertise in order to support the 1st line in taking the next maturity step. Increasing maturity in both the 1st and 2nd line, driving relationship management activities while taking on a true 2nd line challenging role, lies at the heart of this function.
The Operational Risk Manager is organized at Group level and reports directly into the Head of Operational Risk Management. You will work in a team that consists of approximately 8 other Operational Risk Managers, who are based across different countries. Together with the colleagues from Operational Risk Management IT you will be responsible to effectively steer ORM activities in relation to the primary and secondary processes across the Group on a cross-border basis. You will also closely collaborate with the First Line Risk and Control team to improve the risk awareness within the 1st line.
This is you
You are a passionate Operational Risk Management professional who has expert knowledge of ORM processes and applicable (regulatory) framework(s). You support the Head of Operational Risk Management and the Group Director ORM to achieve strategic objectives and required maturity level whilst safeguarding a clear segregation between 1st and 2nd line roles and responsibilities. Furthermore, you can oversee and drive the delivery of ORM policies, processes and procedures and represent the department to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
As a person, you have a high level of working energy, can deliver high quality results in a rapid changing environment and are accurate.
- Be that dedicated ORM partner to the business, who actively engages with the 1st line co-workers within primary and secondary processes on ORM products and services and identify risks, trends and actions.
- Execute operational risk management activities by supporting first line in its risk ownership (e.g. RCSA, RARs, RQS, and Audit) and monitor operational risk mitigation.
- Support in activities related to policies, framework(s) & procedures, Governance, Reporting and ORM Training.
- Support the development of efficient and effective processes across the countries and be part of the consistent execution thereof in both 1st and 2nd line.
- Execute effective oversight and support by monitoring and challenging 1st line on the effectiveness of their operational risk management activities as well as supporting 1st line by enhancing. operational risk understanding and consciousness in cooperation with First Line Risk and Control.
This is complemented by:
- Being a strong communicator in both English and Dutch and have experience with working with and in different cultures
- Having excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Being well organized, work structured, and being a professional team player.
- Having substantive, demonstrable experience and a minimum of 5 years relevant all-round working experience within ORM.
- Last but not least: being able to combine a risk attitude with business understanding.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
(Remote) Group function, location independent, but there is a reference for a candidate from The Netherlands. Our award-winning sustainable Head Office is situated in Driebergen, The Netherlands, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle scheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Charlotte von Dewall, Group Director Operational Risk Management via email [email protected] or phone 030-6942629.Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
26 September 2023