As part of the internship you will:
- Support the investment team preparing and analyzing portfolio data, mainly focused on financial institutions in Latin America
- Monitor clients; analyze Quarterly Monitoring Reports, portfolio performance and financial statements
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence and KYC procedures
- Support Investment Manager in analyzing financial-, risk- and sustainability data
- Support the investment team preparing investment proposals
- Preparation of market and country analysis reports together with Investment Manager(s)
- Currently studying at an accredited University and in the final years of the studies. The internship is relevant for students specialized in finance, business economics, business administration, investment management, sustainability and international studies/emerging markets
- Affinity with research and analytical work, able to learn quickly
- Accessible, pro-active and well-organized with a hands-on and facilitating attitude
- Able to work independently although you will work closely with experienced members of the team
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- A strong command of English and Spanish, both orally and in writing is necessary.
- Availability for 6 months.
What we expect from you
- That you feel personally connected to Triodos Bank's mission.
- A motivation letter in which you describe why you want to do an internship at Triodos Bank.
- A resume that states what your work experience is so far.
- Good oral and written expression skills in English and Spanish.
- That you are registered with a study program in the Netherlands or abroad.
For graduation interns
- We would like to receive a clear description of the (concept) research question that you want to tackle.
What can you expect from us?
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- A challenging internship with many opportunities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor for your guidance.
- Intern lunches with speakers from the couch.
- A research group for graduation interns.
- Fun outings which are organized by Young Triodos.
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 12+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 6.1 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
Investments in Private Debt and Equity (IPD&E)
Within Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, team of Investments in Private Debt and Equity (IPD&E) manages funds that invest in financial institutions specialized in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in emerging markets, where the use of Fintech opens new routes to provide access to financial services. Our outreach also supports prominent transitions like the Energy, Food & agriculture transition and Social inclusion. For more information, please check www.triodos-im.com
In the department of IPDE&E, the Latin America Investment Team is looking for an eager, enthusiastic intern to support a team of experienced Investment Managers and Investment Associate in the day to day management of the portfolio and investees.
LocationThe award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
You will be executing your activities partly from home - we work hybrid - by use of a Triodos laptop.
What you can expect from us:
- A dynamic learning environment with enthusiastic co-workers.
- A challenging internship with many possibilities to develop yourself.
- A permanent mentor to help and coach you.
- Internship fee up to EUR 500,- (based on 40 hours).
- Intern lunches with lectures given by co-workers.
- A research group for research/graduate interns.
- Fun outings, organised by Young Triodos.
Anticipated start date July 2023.
Want to join our team?
For more information about this position, please contact Ricardo Balbuena Blengeri, Head of Corporate Debt LATAM/Africa, via email [email protected].
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button before 23 June to the attention of Ricardo Balbuena Blengeri. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Triodos Investment Management
13 June 2023