Reporting Specialist (32-40 hrs per week)
A frontrunner in impact reporting
Your role is to define how Triodos Bank reports its (non-financial) impact. You will translate Triodos Bank’s work on creating and measuring its impact into powerful, leading edge reporting that supports Triodos Bank’s mission and business objectives.
In particular, you will lead the delivery of Triodos Bank’s annual, half-year and other corporate (impact) reports. You will make a significant contribution to (reporting on) the commitments Triodos Bank has made, such as the Net-Zero Banking Alliance, UN Principles for Responsible Banking and Finance for Biodiversity Pledge.
You are curious about and have knowledge of best practice in reporting and will develop reports that reflect Triodos Bank’s position as a frontrunner in values-based banking. You’re both interested in the latest developments in metrics development and the bigger picture as making impact reporting concrete and an attractive conversation piece.
You will be working closely with our impact specialists in the Impact Hub, who develop values based, effective and front running approaches that enable the business to understand, monitor and steer from an impact perspective. You will translate our impact strategy into effective external reporting.
The Reporting Specialist is part of the Corporate Communications and Investor Relations team at the Triodos Bank Head Office. Together with the communications specialist of this team, you will create meaningful content to communicate internally and externally about our impact reports.
- Oversee the creation and delivery of Triodos Bank’s (half) year reports including content strategy, creation, copy editing and budget oversight.
- Lead the development of Triodos Bank’s Group-wide impact reporting.
- Act as a focal point for reporting related expertise for the Triodos Group internally & externally.
- Participate in the Triodos Bank Impact Hub and project group Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
- Participate in Dutch and international working groups and meetings, such as the Global Alliance for Banking on Values and Nederlandse Vereniging van Banken.
You are part of the Corporate Communications and Investor Relations department. This international department at the Head Office consists of a team of six professionals working within the discipline of corporate identity and communications. You will report to the Group Director of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations.
This is you
You are able to both act independently and work with others, leading project teams where necessary, to deliver the organisation’s goals. You are a team player who likes to ‘think’, ‘do’ and ‘reflect’. You are effective and can influence at all levels in an international organisation.
You are an expert in reporting and you have relevant experience, or are willing to develop expertise, in impact reporting. You can represent this aspect of Triodos Bank’s work in an authentic way to diverse audiences including senior individuals and groups. You stay well-informed about relevant developments in reporting – from non-financial regulatory reporting requirements to innovative best practice linked to global frameworks like the UN sustainable development goals. You draw on strong (English) verbal and writing skills to deliver these goals.
This is complemented by
- minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in reporting roles.
- Ability to operate at university degree level.
- Experience in the financial services sector is preferred.
- Knowledge of current (developments in) guidelines and standards in the field of impact reporting, such as GRI, CSRD, Taxonomy, IFRS-S, EU Green Bond Standard, etc.
- A demonstrable personal connection with sustainability, and alignment with the values and mission of Triodos Bank and the role finance plays in the transition towards a more sustainable economy and more just society.
- Ability to develop and nurture strategic relationships.
- Strong advisory skills.
- Good writing and presentation skills - experience in writing articles, reports, and presenting your subject effectively, in English at native/near native level. Dutch not essential
- Pro-active, curious, connecting, detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated and well organised.
- Willing to perform small operational tasks as well as lead larger, strategic projects.
- Ability to balance multiple demands in a fast-paced working environment.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about the specific details of this position, please contact Marcel Proos, Manager External Communications, via telephone number: +31 (0) 6 2931 4503.
Please send in your application (including motivation letter) via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
22 November 2022