To expand the capacity of the Catalytic Investments team, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical self-starter to fulfil the position of:
Investment Manager Catalytic Investments (32-36 hrs)
Triodos Regenerative Money Centre
You will be part of the team that focuses on investments within Triodos Regenerative Money Centre. With this new position, this sub-team will consist of 5 persons. As a team, we pro-actively search for opportunities to facilitate game changers, frontrunners and innovative companies with funding; true catalysts for societal renewal. In finding these opportunities, we build on and closely collaborate with other Triodos business units. We provide (patient) capital in the form of equity and (direct & indirect) debt investments in a selected number of high impact/high profile companies, projects or funds.
Your responsibilities in this position:
- Active contribution to a strong pipeline of suitable investment opportunities (mainly consists of start-ups) to further develop our equity and loan portfolio in the (mainly European) target markets of our funds.
- Undertake transition, impact and risk assessments, perform due diligence, write investment proposals and bring them successfully to our Investment Committee.
- Structuring and negotiating all aspects of transactions, including the preparation of investment documentation.
- Monitor and manage our old and new equity/ loan investment portfolio.
- Building a network of like-minded co-investors, experts and other stakeholders.
- Take your part in the team’s fund management responsibilities, which include periodic internal/external reporting as well as building an enabling environment for our work.
Since the Centre is reasonably new, we are still optimising our set-up and intend to integrate the donation and investment activities more. For the coming period, this will therefore also be a reasonable part of your tasks, next to investment management tasks, together with the rest of the team.
What we expect from you
- Feel personally connected with the mission and goals of Triodos, be inspired by the potential of catalytic investments within the context of Regenerative Money & being able to express a vision on what these types of investments could do for the transitions needed in society.
- Mature conversation and sparring partner for meaningful stakeholder dialogues, investee companies and (innovative) sector platforms.
- Team player with highly developed analytical skills and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with the aim to support colleagues in their development (& vice versa).
- A result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude, can-do mentality.
- Excellent communication and networking skills: Engage with partners and build a network within our focus areas, ability to set up a coalition around certain themes and initiatives.
- Being able to speak Dutch.
These are your qualifications
- Significant direct investment experience in private equity or corporate finance (minimum 5 - 8 years), including structuring and executing private equity and debt investments in small and medium sized companies.
- At least 5 years experience in structuring an investment deal.
- Relevant academic educational background.
- Fluent in (at least) English, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to travel in Western Europe on an ad-hoc basis.
You will have an advantage if you
- Have a relevant network in one of the focus areas of the new Centre and/or speak more languages (Spanish, French, German).
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
As of 1 April 2019, the Triodos Regenerative Money Centre has been created, a new and distinct business unit within Triodos Bank NV. Within this new unit, we explore the potential of the regenerative power of money: What can be achieved if we lend, invest or donate money that has as its primary objective to make pioneering, transformative initiatives possible that facilitate systemic change.
The Centre works with a small team, now consisting of 11 persons. Within the Centre, 2 types of activities are distinguished: Donations and Catalytic Investments, as financing transformational change requires (a blend of) higher risk finance products (provided by Catalytic Investments) and/or gift money (provided by Stichting Triodos Foundation).
The Centre provides management services to 4 different funds. The (3) funds that have capital available for Catalytic Investments support initiatives that pioneer, catalyze, build communities, and create change for the benefit of the environment, people, and society. The goal of every investment is to regenerate the earth and society, increase consciousness and provide new perspectives on current questions in areas where, for different reasons, traditional bank and investment products cannot provide an answer (yet). The Centre will do this (where appropriate) in cooperation with Triodos Bank branches and Triodos Investment Management. Focus areas are Food, Agri and Natural Capital, Energy Transition, Social Inclusion and Money & Society.
More information? See www.triodos.com/trmc.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Jose van Pul (Senior Investment Manager within the Catalytic Investments team) at email@example.com.Want to join our team? Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you! Applicants must have or obtain a valid work permit for the European Union and live in the Netherlands.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
16 November 2022