The Liquidity & Market Risk (LMR) team, part of Group Risk Management, works from our international Head Office in Zeist and services the European business units. In the area of LMR Management, we are looking for an enthusiastic new colleague who wants to further develop the second line LMR practice in Triodos Bank; to analyse and challenge results prepared by the first line of defence for LMR and to prepare second line opinions and strategic advice related to LMR for senior management and the management board. Therefore, we have a vacancy in the Liquidity & Market Risk team for a
Senior Financial Risk Manager (32 - 40 h/wk)
With your specific knowledge and experience in the area of Liquidity & Market Risk, Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and financial (risk) modelling, you will help Triodos Bank further strengthen its LMR practice.
- Oversee and contribute to the measurement and management of financial risks from a second line perspective and further develop the fundamental view on Liquidity and Market Risk.
- Co-create, monitor and report on adherence to the Risk Appetite Statement, methodological framework and control structure for LMR management.
- Challenge individual ALM & Stress Testing models used for LMR management throughout the Model Lifecycle from the initiation phase to model use and monitoring.
- Participate in and prepare materials/reports for relevant governance committees, including the management board.
- Keep up with developments of internal and external regulations relevant to LMR (e.g. IRRBB, SREP) and challenge the implementation of these regulations by the first line of defence.
- Effectively manage internal and external stakeholder relationships and contribute to (preparation of) discussions with the regulator.
This is youYou are a Senior Financial Risk Manager with expertise in the area of Liquidity and Market Risk management, Asset and Liability Management and (financial risk) modelling. You bring curiosity, analytical skills and quick adaptation to complex content. You are up to date on the latest regulations and follow the developments closely. You ask the right questions, work in a structured way and you like to investigate with an eye for detail, without losing sight of the big picture. With your pragmatic and engaging attitude, you are always ready to help your colleagues, but also understand that the second line control perspective sometimes requires a firm challenge. You're a team player and you share our mission. Coordinating your work with stakeholders and creating solutions that meet their needs requires excellent communication skills.
This is complemented by:
- a relevant quantitative analytical background (e.g. in the field of mathematics, econometrics or actuarial science).
- extensive work experience in the area of (financial risk) modelling, Liquidity and Market Risk management, ALM and/or stress testing in a banking environment.
- excellent command of English; command of Dutch is an advantage.
- eye for quality improvement and innovation.
- good knowledge of and experience with understanding and analysing relevant programming (e.g. VBA, R, Python, SAS).
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?For more information about this position, please contact Maarten van der Klaauw (Head of Credits Internationalt) via email email@example.com. Want to join our team? Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
09 November 2022