Senior Internal Auditor
As Group Audit, we feel at home in a dynamic and changing environment. As member of a diverse, independent and objective team, you are passionate about acting across the full Triodos Bank organisation as ‘the trusted voice’. To help realise our shared goal to actively contribute to a sustainable society, we are looking for a
Senior Internal Auditor
Supporting change by providing independent and objective insights
In this role, you can further grow your technical and personal skills. You report to the Head of Internal Audit Banking (UK Based) working closely with all members of the international team. In addition:
- Lead and participate in audit assignments in the Netherlands and abroad. When necessary, limited travelling will be required, taking into account work life balance and ecologic impact.
- Stay close to the organisational (risk) developments through fostering relationships with business partners at Triodos Bank Netherlands branch.
- Contribute to the (local) reporting and audit planning process.
- Provide periodic management information on the audit processes, thereby ensuring they adhere to our professional practice standards.
- Deepen and actively share your understanding of your chosen topic of Subject Matter Expertise (for example in compliance, credit, Capital and Liquidity or data analytics).
- Work in teams across the bank from different locations in a hybrid manner.
We are a team of 16 and work from Zeist, Madrid, Brussels and Bristol. We report directly to the CEO and our structure follows the organization of Triodos Bank. Via the development of Subject Matter Expertise we are deepening our understanding of, and oversight over, key risk areas across the Group.
We have a learning mindset and aim at continuously improving ourselves and our way of working. We ask our clients to be open and transparent, and we are too.
This is you
You have experienced relevant first steps in your professional career, wanting to further learn and evolve in both your technical skills and personal competencies. Being independent by heart, you combine strong analytical skills with organizational sensitivity and a constructive and pragmatic approach. You enjoy to jointly achieve goals and thrive in an international and dynamic environment.
This is complemented by:
- Qualified (operational) auditor, or close to obtaining qualification with approx. 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Enthusiasm to apply existing and learn new skills and deepen a specialism such as compliance, credit, Capital and Liquidity or data analytics.
- Proven experience or wanting to lead audit assignments as well as building good relations with internal stakeholders.
- An organised approach to delivery on objectives.
- A desire to deepen understanding of sustainable banking.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and feel at ease to work closely as well connect with all internal colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?
We are a people organisation that believes in a growth mindset. Therefore, if you don’t tick all the boxes but are an enthusiastic learner with a passion for audit, you’ll fit in.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, pregnancy, neuro-diversity, disability, or any other aspect that makes them unique.
If you need any specific accommodation due to disability or any other reason, you can let us know during your application process.
For more information about this position, please contact Stefan Hargrave (Head of Internal Audit) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
24 October 2022