At Triodos Bank, we are currently rolling out and expanding our new Internet Banking environment. For this we are looking for developers. One of the vacancies that we would like to see filled is that of
Java developer – Starter (32 - 40 hours)
Learn from senior developers while contributing to our impact
Have you just completed or are you about to complete a bachelor’s or master’s education in computer science or another hard ICT flavor?
Do you like programming, and are you eager to become a serious coder?
Do you want to work for a purpose-driven organization, amongst purpose-driven colleagues?
Together with your team you analyze which system changes are needed to realize a wish for business change, and you build and maintain software solutions. Your team will collaborate closely with a few other teams in a domain that delivers business change in a specific part of our banking business, like payments, business lending, investments, KYC or onboarding. The domain consists of people from business and IT who together have a deep knowledge of both business process and software solutions. Within your scrum team, you will start with making small changes under supervision of an experienced developer. As your understanding of our codebase grows get as much responsibility as you can handle. Do you like the idea that your head will regularly hurt a bit because you are learning so much? Then you may be the right person to join one of our Scrum teams.
- Develop banking software, both for employees and for our customers in the Netherlands, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
- Implement complete functional changes with your team; you work in all layers of our applications so that your team can autonomously facilitate business change
- Work together closely with the business to understand which business change is wanted and which system change is needed to achieve that.
- Focus on quality with a solid Continuous Integration street, cross-team code reviews and knowledge sessions.
- We work with Jakarta EE (Java 11), CDI, OpenAPI, JSF (PrimeFaces) and SQL, and Angular, among others.
This is you
You have a a strong connection to Triodos Bank's mission.
You have just completed a bachelor’s or master’s in ICT.
You have experience and affinity with writing code.
You are passionate about software development. You are looking forward to growing your skills as a coder by delving into a large and complex codebase that has grown considerably over the past 18 years. You are eager to learn and grow as a professional which means developing both technical skills and social-emotional intelligence to collaborate with team members. Your way of working is based on mutual respect. You strive to make continuous improvements, both in technology and in the process, with focus on your own team. You do this with attention to optimal performance and good manageability. You opt for elegant solutions when feasible and for pragmatic solutions when necessary.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
For more information about this position, please contact Maarten Nooter via email email@example.com or phone +31-30-6942541.
Please send in your application via the apply button before 01-12-2022 to the attention of Arun Ramkhelawan, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
Note: only candidates living in The Netherlands will be taken into consideration.
10 October 2022