Because of a growth of the activities around KYC & Fraud and the complexity of the work, we are looking for an
Software Engineer / RiskShield Specialist (36 - 40 h/wk)
Configure the system to catch fraudsters!
Triodos Bank places great value on ethical business practice as well as compliance with laws and regulation for financial crime. You help us by detecting fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing and the screening of customers.
As a Software Engineer / RiskShield Specialist you are responsible for the development and testing of the rules, inner workings and interfaces of our central monitoring platform RiskShield as well as the case management module. You use your experience in software engineering, your analytic strength and your business domain knowledge to create effective configuration for AML and fraud monitoring. You play an active role in the team and fully embrace the Agile/Scrum way of working. Together with your team you make technical considerations, you guide your team members where necessary, and you communicate with people inside and outside the organisation to achieve the best result. You are experienced in translating complex technical changes into clear language for communication with end users. In order to fulfil this role properly, you have in depth knowledge of the monitoring platform RiskShield. Preferably you are already a RiskShield expert, otherwise you are a quick learner.
- Have a focus for a solid software development process that will lead to robust, efficient and effective configurations.
- Translate scenarios, red flags, business requirements, models and algorithms into working configurations.
- Work in a scrum team, but also in close contact with the business.
- Dive into the world of fraud prevention and help to protect the bank and its customers!
Your team is called the e-Crime team. It is part of ICT Services at Triodos Bank Head Office. The team works in the KYC & Fraud domain through which all the business change is realised, in an Agile/Scrum way. The team works closely with the Product Owners and consists of focus teams for Fraud and AML & CDD. The team has started in 2019 and has since grown to 12 dedicated colleagues who feel responsible for strong fraud monitoring. Activities of the team: realise Change for AML/fraud monitoring systems, ensure a stable Run of these systems, run data analyses and provide business support for fraud cases. Also, the team is investigating advanced analytics to further improve the monitoring. The team includes RiskShield application engineers, RiskShield software engineers, data analysts and fraud/AML analysts. It is teamwork. Depending on your interests and capabilities you can also perform activities from other team roles, next to your responsibilities as RiskShield software engineer.
This is you
You have a strong background in IT and software development. This background enables you to take initiative and make well-considered decisions. Using your analytical skills and eye for detail you can see through complex configurations. You feel at ease when you have to coordinate a decision with other teams, business analysts or a business fraud department. You are good in translating complex technical considerations into plain language for the business. Your way of working is based on mutual respect. You strive to make continuous improvements, both in technology and in the process, within your own team and with other teams in the KYC & Fraud domain. You do this with attention to optimal performance and good manageability. You choose practical solutions if necessary, and elegant solutions where possible.
This is complemented by:
- Higher education level.
- 5+ years of experience in IT and development of business-critical applications including communication with end users.
- Affinity with banking processes and AML/fraud monitoring in particular.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English.
- RiskShield experience is a plus.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets things into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,700 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, environmental and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by our customers and investors who wish to contribute to sustainable, fair and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. Furthermore we make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: we at Triodos Bank know that all too well. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society and this starts of course with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
LocationOur award-winning sustainable office is based in Driebergen-Zeist, the Netherlands at the Reehorst Estate, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
RemunerationImpact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities.
- an attractive pension policy.
- if you use public transport for commuting, you can use the mobility card for free private travels as well.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- reimbursement under our company bicycle cheme to a max of € 1,500.
- 30 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- extra leave to participate in voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
- a working from home allowance per home office day.
- health and safety equipment of € 750 every 5 years.
Are you interested?For more information about this position, please contact Arne Smit, Team Lead e-Crime, via email email@example.com. Want to join our team? Please send in your application via the apply button to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
03 October 2022