Investing sustainably within a clearly defined framework
How we direct, administer and regulate our work at Triodos Investment Management says a lot about who we are and what we stand for. We have developed processes and policies to meet our obligations and reflect our mission.
Triodos Investment Management is a wholly owned subsidiary of Triodos Bank N.V., based in the Netherlands. Triodos Bank adheres to strict ethical standards in the governance of its own activities and those of its subsidiaries. You can learn more about the governance of Triodos Bank N.V.
Triodos Investment Management shares the values and business principles of Triodos Bank.
Fund governance - shared principles
In addition to the broad vision and key values that underpin our business, we have a number of principles that guide and support our day-to-day decision-making. Our business principles apply to everyone who works for the Triodos Group, including Triodos Investment Management, in any capacity. They serve as a code of conduct and also set the standard by which internal and external stakeholders can judge us.
We are committed to:
- Promoting sustainable development – considering the social, environmental and financial impacts of everything we do
- Respecting and obeying the law – in every country where we do business
- Respecting human rights – of individuals, and within different societies and cultures, supporting the aims of the United Nation’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Respecting the environment – doing all we can to create and encourage positive environmental impacts
- Being accountable – to all our stakeholders for all our actions
- Continuous improvement – always looking for better ways of doing things in every area of our business
Licences and registrations
As a fund manager, Triodos Investment Management is licensed under the Dutch Act on financial supervision (Wet op het Financieel toezicht – Wft). The Wft contains provisions for sound operations and the duty to act in the best interest of the participants.
Most of our funds are governed under Dutch law. Triodos SICAV I and Triodos SICAV II are registered under the Luxembourg authority CSSF, and are as such governed by the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Codes and principles
In addition, we also base our fund governance code on the Principles of Fund Governance which are drafted and published by the Dutch Fund and Asset Management Association (DUFAS). Triodos Investment Management is a member of DUFAS.
In addition Triodos Investment Management is:
- signatory to the United Nations Principles on Responsible Investment, see report
- fulfils the transparency code as set by EUROSIF, see report
- complies with the best practice guidelines of Eumedion apart from best practice 5. Regarding best practices 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 see our investment strategy and minimum standards , our latest engagement report, proxy voting guidelines and our proxy voting ballots . Triodos Investment Management publishes its engagement policy and practices and its conflict of interest guidelines. We thereby fully comply with the best practice guidelines of Eumedion. Regarding best practice 10, Triodos Investment Management does not make use of share lending and borrowing.